Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Trevor Linden retires


Well...I knew that this day was going to come but I suppose like so many other Canuck fans, we didnt believe that it would. I know that I have blogged about this before on the last day of the Canucks regular season but I am still in shock about the fact that there will be no more Trevor Linden. He was one of my idols growing up and still is. I wanted to be like him.

My one everlasting hockey fantasy was Trevor and I would be going on a 2 on 1 in the old Coliseum, he would pass to me, I would fake and then pass back and he would tap it into an empty net for the game winner.


I will also never forget the cup run of 94. Him and Captain Kirk were unbelievable. I also remember that my friend Al was able to predict the games results and he called every game of the playoff run. Damn him for predicting game 7 correctly!




I would like to say thank you so much to the only Canuck Captain in my heart. I still have my Linden for Rookie of the Year button too!

No comments: