Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Vedder with a slice of Finn

I have just returned from the Centre, where I saw Eddie Vedder play his very first solo show. It was an amazing show. The venue was top notch, the sound was great, the song selection was great and the seats weren't so bad either! I had row 11 seats on the very right of the stage. I was feeling a little bitter about them because these are fan club seats and people who joined about two weeks ago were sitting in better seats than i was (member since 95). But once the show started, I forgot about that and enjoyed it to the max.


Liam Finn is definitely an awesome performer/entertainer. His solo set was very good and full of layered music. When he comes back to town, I am going to try and see him again. He was the perfect way to open up the show and warm the crowd up.


Eddie was next up and he played PJ songs, cover songs and Into The Wild songs. Al asked to yell out for Porch but I didnt have to b/c he played it! I dont really remember the set list but I am sure that I will find out that info soon enough! I will post once that info becomes available. The versions of Hide Your Love Away, Wont Back Down and Hard Sun were killer!



The only thing that bothered me was that people where yelling out stupid shit during that show. There were asking for songs that would never be played in this venue. During a show like this, you appreciate the singers voice, listen and then cheer like crazy not sing so loud that now I cant enjoy the voice. Some people failed to realize that this was an intimate show and was not gonna be like seeing Pearl Jam at GM Place! tards...


edit: here is the setlist (the computer that i am using wont allow me not to double space. maybe i will fix it later!)

Walking the Cow

Around the Bend

I Am Mine

Dead Man

MOTH

Guaranteed

No Ceiling

Far Behind

Rise

Millworker

Goodbye

Brokenhearted

You're True

Driftin

Hide Your Love Away

Picture In A Frame

Trouble

I Won't Back Down

Forever Young

Encore 1

Society

Growing Up

No More

Porch

Encore 2

Hard Sun

No comments: