Sunday, August 31, 2008

Stone Temple Pilots and my 1996 flashback

Well to mark the end of summer, a friend of mine and I went to see Stone Temple Pilots last night at GM Place. It was remarkable how much these guys look exactly like they did in 1996. If you took a picture and from then and took one now and put them side by side, you wouldnt know the difference.
I was worried that the band would sound like shit or that they would show up super late. But neither happened so that was really good. It was a rockin show and the people there showed up to show their love for the band.

Overall I liked the show and I heard all the songs I wanted to see. It was obvious that Scott Weiland loves being a rock star. His movement around the stage was straight outta the Mick Jagger playbook. And the bassist ____ Deleo, was staight outta the how to look like a rock star on an arena stage playbook. But with that said, I really enjoyed the show and was glad to at least see them once in my life!

On another note....school starts on the other side of this very weekend...wow...the summer went fast...i suppose that the weather was telling us its time to go back though!


Set list
  • Big Empty
  • Wicked Garden
  • Big Bang Baby
  • Silvergun Superman
  • Vasoline
  • Lounge Fly
  • Lady Picture Show
  • Sour Girl
  • Creep
  • Redemtion Song (weird jam cover version)
  • Crackerman
  • Plush
  • Interstate Love Song
  • Too Cool Queenie
  • Down
  • Sex Type Thing
  • Sin
  • Dead And Bloated
  • Trippin'On A Hole In A Paper Heart

No comments: